Robson Site Services reduces Single Asset downtime by 85.6% at Singleton Birch
Singleton Birch Ltd, the UK’s leading independent lime supplier have reported an 85.6% reduction in downtime on a problematic asset as a result of the remedial work undertaken by Robson Site Services.
Providing proactive and reactive on-site installation and service solutions, Robson Site Services were initially invited to Singleton Birch with the remit of reducing costly downtime and increasing efficiency of plant equipment from August 2017.
In specific reference to the ‘Tunnel to Screen Conveyor’, historically one of the most problematic conveyors, Robson Site Services addressed varying issues, including:
- Levelled and aligned roller sets and trough sections
- Raised and levelled trough roller frames to support the belt through the transition section from horizontal to incline section
- Replacing return rollers and trough rollers, including fabrication and replacement of rotten roller brackets
- Re-route of the return belt in the transition section to aid belt tracking control
- Overhauled and replaced GTU bearings and scrappers to aid belt tracking from the GTU
- Fabricated and installed new cable brackets & structural side framework steel supports
- Installed and monitored new tracked belt during un-loaded and loaded operation
Oliver Whelpton, Process Optimisation Manager at Singleton Birch Ltd stated, “The cost of downtime to us is substantial on any asset, therefore the results that Robson Site Services are helping us to achieve through their continuing works are of a great benefit to Singleton Birch. Annual savings on this one conveyor alone are £15,000+.”
Robson Site Services, the sister company to material and unit handling provider Robson Handling Technology, work globally to reduce costly downtime and optimise clients handling systems, operating in an array of industries from Airports and Quarry’s to Sugar and Biomass Plants.
Neil Piper, MD of Robson Site Services commented, “A happy customer, with expectations being exceeded is a fantastic result. With a significant annual saving now going back into their business, credit must go to our multi-skilled team, who pull on decades of industry expertise.”
If you would like to discuss how Robson Site Services can reduce your equipment downtime and increase efficiency please contact Tris Young on:
- +44 (0) 7725 925 110
Article Published : 03 September 2018