Vacancy - Cloud Services Developer
The successful candidate will be an experienced Software Engineer who has successfully developed Cloud Services previously, and will have a good understanding of designing and developing services that collect data from remote assets, before analysing the
Role: Cloud Services Developer
Reports to: Controls Integration Manager
Our award winning and highly innovative mechanical engineering company is looking for an experienced Cloud Services Developer to work as part of an expanding systems team, and to play a key role in the realisation of their remote asset monitoring strategy.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Software Engineer who has successfully developed Cloud Services previously, and will have a good understanding of designing and developing services that collect data from remote assets, before analysing the data and making it available to a webui and other applications.
The principal aspects of the Cloud Services Developer role are :
- Input to the requirements, specification and design of services to support a large population of distributed sensors and supporting applications (mobile and web).
- Implementation and testing of the services and connecting logic on a cloud platform.
The ideal candidate for the Cloud Services Developer role will have the following skills, experience and attributes :
- 2+ years’ experience in the implementation and deployment of high-availability, scalable services on major cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix, Amazon AWS or other similar platforms.
- Good knowledge of working with databases e.g. SQL/non-SQL or similar including demonstrable knowledge of different database models and the benefits of each
- Experience of working with RESTful APIs, Linux VMs, docker repositories.
- Accomplished in the use of revision control systems
- Adopting a structured approach to design, verification and documentation
- Highly organised and methodical with excellent attention to detail
- A team player who relishes a challenge and works effectively to deadlines
- An honours degree in Software Engineering or other relevant subject.
Desirable skills and experience include :
- Experience of providing services to high-volume, low-resource embedded devices
- A background in data-analysis methods to extract patterns from sensor data
- Experience of languages used in server development
- Experience using test frameworks to automate and document the testing process
- Development of mobile apps (Android and/or iOS).
In summary, this is an exciting opportunity for a talented engineer to be involved in the design and architecture of large global systems from the ground up. Working in a dynamic, small friendly expert team, offering much variety in a professional, quality environment.
Please address all enquiries to Robsons HR Advisor: Jodie Mccormack Jodie.Mccormack@robson.co.uk
Article Published : 17 December 2018