Vacancy - Proposals Engineer
Working as part of a small proposals team, you will be responsible for the end-to-end completion of high quality proposals, quotations, bids and tender responses, which are both technically and commercially compliant with the client’s specifications.
Role: Proposals Engineer
Reports to: Proposals Manager Bulk Handling
- Timely preparation of detailed engineering proposals for the company’s complete range of products and services on the Bulk Handling business.
- Accurately interpret the client’s technical specification and produce a compliant technical proposal; offering more suitable alternatives where appropriate.
- Accurately interpret client’s commercial requirements and ensure any technical/commercial risks to associated with the enquiry are identified and risk mitigated prior to any quotation being sent to the client.
- Site surveys and site visits utilizing 3d laser scanning.
- Ensure that any quotation is in line with company’s agreed strategies on sales and in line with the stage gate process as required.
- Act as a single point of contact for the client and undertake a negotiating role when preparing costed proposals following internal approvals utilising other team members as required.
- Produce high quality technical and commercial documents and reports and present them to both internal and external audiences where required.
- Liaise with the internal stakeholders to assist in collating accurate data for the preparation of quotations.
- Maintain a sales and marketing focus in all proposals related activity and in contacts with stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal and external suppliers.
- On a needs basis, provide resilience support to other departments within the company group.
The above list of activities/responsibilities for the role of Proposals Engineer is not exhaustive and therefore you will be expected to carry out further duties as may be consistent with the role of Proposals Engineer or as may be reasonably instructed by the company and there may also be a requirement to support the airport side of the business as and when requested by the General Manager of Bulk Handling and when the workload dictates.
Skills and Personal Qualities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate effectively at all levels both within and outside the company, with a strong emphasis on being able to effectively communicate proposals information.
- Strong customer focus on both internal and external customers.
- Effective decision-making skills.
- Good self-discipline and an ability to meet demanding schedule requirements whilst maintaining high quality work.
- Excellent team-working skills.
- Self-tasking and an ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy in written work.
- Good ability to produce and issue weekly/monthly reports.
- Structured approach to work with the ability to set, and work to, agreed timescales.
Qualifications and Experience
- HNC, HND or Degree in Process/Mechanical engineering, or equivalent experience in a practical engineering role.
- Familiarity with Commercial/Technical review processes.
- Strong IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge mechanical systems through design or estimating.
- Previous experience in a combined engineering and sales role.
- Familiarity with control systems (SCADA/PLC).
- Bulk Handling experience
- Familiarity with building structures.
- Familiarity with drawing packages such as AutoCAD.
Hours and Environment
Whilst this role is predominantly office based, there maybe are requirement to travel both within the UK and overseas.
Please address all enquiries to Robsons HR Advisor: Jodie Mccormack Jodie.Mccormack@robson.co.uk
Article Published : 17 December 2018